September 14, 2014

Starting Senior Year at Saint Mike's

I can't believe that it's already the third week of school! We've just started back but I can already tell that this whole year is going to fly by.

I am beyond excited for senior year and, though I've been busy with grad school applications, I know that the year is going to be so much fun. It's been so nice seeing my friends after being abroad last semester.

It's also been incredible seeing my favorite Saint Mike's staff & professors. Rosemary & Abid in Alliot, Dragan the shuttle driver, Professor Popovich, my advisor, Tara, my old work-study boss and secretary to President Neuhauser, Professor Letovsky, the business department-head, and Professors Landry, Doyon, Teucher, Nelson. It's been so great to be back on campus.


My roommates!


First day of school shenanigans

My housemates are also awesome & I'm so excited to be living with them.I live with fellow bloggers Merrill & Lauren & with my friend Cait. We've all been friends for a few years now & Cait, Lauren, & I all lived together last year.

I love my housemates because they're awesome friends, easy to live with, and we're all super goofy. I love that we're all really involved at Saint Mike's, but we do all different things. Cait is Vice President of the Student Association, our student government on campus, & she's also a tour guide & a coordinator through MOVE, our community service group. Lauren does a lot of media stuff through her MJD (media studies, jorunalism, & digital arts) major & is involved as a tour guide & blogger. Merrill volunteers through MOVE as a mentor & is a blogger & tour guide. I'm in charge of the blog program this year as online media & communications coordinator & I'm a tour guide & a mentor through MOVE. Also, all four of us studied abroad last semester & both Merrill & Lauren have internships on top of their school work. My friends are really the coolest.

We live in the 200's townhouses, which are located farthest away from the academic buildings on campus, sort of by the suites. It's still just a ten minute walk to class, and it's nice & secluded in the 200's. There's less hustle & bustle so it's a good separation between school & home. I stole some pictures from Lauren of our house:


We posted a hashtag for our townhouse on our door so our friends will use it

Our downstairs!

Our cozy living room!

Me, cooking in the kitchen!

Upstairs we all have single rooms and a nice big bathroom. Honestly, our house couldn't be cozier, I totally love it.

Until next time, email with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment